Pharmacy Technician Career
Enhance Your Pharmacy Technician Career Opportunities
Are you ready to join the ranks of pharmacy technicians nationwide and provide a much needed service in an industry that is expected to grow at a fast rate in the next decade? You've come to the right place! Allied is right by their students' sides as they train online and at their own pace to prepare for certiied pharmacy technician careers.
In this exciting career, you will help licensed pharmacists provide medication and other health care products to patients. Your day will include counting and measuring medication, managing inventories, and completing pharmaceutical dosage forms – all on a part or full-time basis.
A comfortable pharmacy environment will provide the perfect setting to build a rewarding and lasting career. Career options for trained pharmacy technician may be available in a hospital, community pharmacy, outpatient clinic, nursing home or pharmaceutical organization.
Some duties of a pharmacy technician include:
- Verify prescription information - Greet patients, accept their prescriptions and verify their data on file is correct
- Retrieve, count, pour, weigh, measure and mix medications
- Select containers and prepare labels
- Prepare insurance claim forms
- Establish and maintain patient records
- Greet patients, accept their prescriptions and verify their data on file is correct
- Maintain patient records
- Assist pharmacists as needed with a variety of important tasks
Enjoy variety and reward in your pharmacy technician career as you work alongside a pharmacist and interact with patients every day. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the pharmaceutical industry provides a stable career opportunity:
- Employment of pharmacy technicians is expected to increase by 25 percent through 2018, which is much faster than the average for all occupations
- Pharmacy technicians held about 381,200 jobs in 2008
- About 75 percent of jobs were in retail pharmacies, grocery stores, department stores or mass retailers
- The average salary for a pharmacy technician is as much as $15.88 per hour, or more than $33,000 per year - Click hre to learn more about pharmacy technician salary.
Allied Schools Pharmacy Technician Online Courses
Latest News About Pharmacy Technician Career
- The Future for Pharmacy Technicians is Starting Now
- Pharmacy Technician: Why Your Wages May Differ
- How to Find a Pharmacy Technician Career Training Program
- Pharmacy Technician - One of the Top Five Promising Healthcare Careers!
- What Does a Pharmacy Technician Do?
Want to take the first step? Choose a career that enables you to help others, while you build your ideal future.