Pass or Don't Pay - PTCB Exam
Allied's Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Exam Promise
The PTCB exam is given by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) to evaluate the skills of new pharmacy technicians. Passing the PTCB exam is a great way for new pharmacy technicians to demonstrate to potential employers that they have acquired first-rate skills from their pharmacy technician program. At Allied Medical School, we're so confident in the quality of our Pharmacy Technician Program, we promise you’ll pass the PTCB exam on your first try - or we'll refund your exam fee!
In order to qualify for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination Promise, you must:
- Finish the Pharmacy Technician Training with a grade of "A” for both Pharmacy Technician and Pharmacy Calculations courses.
- Sign up to take the PTCB exam. Allied will email you the link to the PTCB exam application, along with your certificate upon program completion. PLEASE NOTE: When you complete the PTCB exam application, you must pay the online "Examination Application" fee of $129 to PTCB. This will be reimbursed by Allied if you do not pass after your first attempt.
- Schedule your PTCB exam within 30 to 90 days of completing Allied’s Pharmacy Technician Program. After submitting the exam application, PTCB will send you an "Authorization to Test" letter. Upon receipt of the "Authorization to Test" letter, schedule an exam date within 90 days. PTCB will provide information on testing times and locations, though the exam itself is administered through Pearson VUE. PLEASE NOTE: Allied Schools is NOT involved in the testing process.
- Inform Allied that you have signed up for the PTCB exam.
- Study for the exam using your Pharmacy Technician Program materials, along with the PTCB Exam Content Outline. The link to the exam content outline can be found at: Click Here
- Take the PTCB exam.
- You will receive your PTCB exam results immediately upon completion of the exam.
- If you do not pass on your first attempt, you can retake the examination three times. Please note – Allied will reimburse you on your first failed attempt only. After three failed attempts, you will need to appeal to the PTCB and your request to retake the exam again may be approved on a case-by-case basis.
For the first two retakes, candidates are required to wait 60 days (from the date of their exam) before retaking the PTCB exam. On the third attempt, candidates must wait six months from their last exam date. You must retake the test within one year of the initial examination date. In order to retake the exam, you will need to do the following:
- Complete the "Examination Application"
- You will be charged a fee of $129 to retake the exam.
- Study for the exam again using your Pharmacy Technician Course materials, along with the PTCB Exam Content Outline. Focus on areas that gave you trouble on your first attempt. You may contact Allied’s Student Services Department at (888) 925-4282 with questions.
- Retake the PTCB exam.
Please check to see if your state applies. Allied's Pharmacy Technician Professional Program is offered in the following states:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington, DC
- West Virginia